The aim of the project called "Intercultural dialogue for Social integration" is to improve the skills of the children minority left without parental care and young people in Latgale to communicate and build mutual dialogue with different ethnic groups living in region, as well as with the help of educational and other informal activities to promote their awareness of their national identity, diverse cultural heritage, develop tolerance for difference and ability to discern the common and unifying, leading to a deeper understanding of Latvia as a unified community.
During the reporting period were fulfilled following activities:
- Project management;
- Common features and different nuances of calendar festive rituals of different ethnic groups in Latvia
- Integration of children’s minority into Latvian society and environment
- In Latvian society and the Latgale region organizied events for raising level of understanding to have dialogue between cultures;
- Building measures in cooperation of non-governmental organizations;
- Provided all the planned information and publicity activities, information www.saulesberni.org and www.videoatmina.lv