1. Provided the administration of the project;
2. Conducted a research project “How children from orphanages understand issues about gender identity and issues and what is their knowlwedge and attitude towards different aspects of gender equality”. The reserarch project’s main aim was:
· To clarify the opinions and understanding from children in orphanages about questions related with gender – male and female roles, tasks and responsibility id different areas of life;
· To identify specific stereotypes in society to whom youngsters follow and where they lack knowledgeabout them selves and the questions raised in the research project, that could delay to create a harmonious relationships, choice of profession and inclusion in the labor market
During this activity there is a survey is carried out in prphanages, data analysis and inyterpretation is done, as well as the conclusions and solutions for problems are made depending on the results of data conducted.
Research method: survey
Research place: Orphanage in Ventspils “Selga”, Rēzekne children's social services center, a children's welfare center "Zīle" Ozolmuiža (county), Jelgava children's orphanage.
Number of respondents: 80
3. Provided all the publicity measures for the project – a special section for this project in web page – www.saulesberni.org, where three articles and two video interviews are published about the progress of the project, as well as the partner of the project – NGO “Nepaliec Viens” has published all the actual information about this project on their website www.nepaliecviens.lv.